Residents of Makindye West have woken up to an impromptu fire that has gutted their houses and destroyed a lot of property.
According to residents affected, the unprecedented fire is believed to have been as a result of electricity shock that later caused fire that moments later spread, destroying property worth millions of shillings and living numerous lives at risk.
The burnt down area is also home to what was said to be a paint manufacturing company which residents believe eased the spread of fire. The factory housed chemicals used to make paint.
Efforts to stop the fire have been futile. There has not been any causality however, as police managed to rescue all the residents, according reports by eye witnesses.
No official statement had been issued concerning the cause of the disturbing fire by authorities, by press time.